COPD Second Opinions from the #2 Hospital in the World
If you’ve been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), you likely have many questions about your condition and treatment options. At The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, our team of expert specialists can provide a thorough review of your case and offer personalized recommendations for managing your COPD. Discover the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have the best possible treatment plan for your condition.
Peace of Mind for COPD Patients
COPD is a chronic lung disease that affects millions of people worldwide. Symptoms include shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing, and the condition can greatly impact daily life. If you’ve received a diagnosis of COPD, seeking a second opinion can provide reassurance and guidance as you navigate your treatment options.
World-Class Expertise in COPD Treatment
Cleveland Clinic’s Respiratory Institute’s team includes more than 170 pulmonologists, allergists and immunologists, infectious disease experts, and critical care specialists. We treat over 200,000 patients annually in our outpatient clinics and Cleveland Clinic is recognized in the U.S. and throughout the world for its expertise and care. Our respiratory specialists have experience treating all types and stages of COPD, and we can provide personalized recommendations tailored to your specific needs.
Can The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic Provide Second Opinions on COPD?
Yes—if you’ve been diagnosed with COPD, our team of expert specialists can provide a thorough review of your case and offer personalized recommendations for treatment options. We have experience treating all types and stages of COPD, including:
- Emphysema – This is a type of COPD that involves damage to the air sacs in the lungs.
- Chronic bronchitis – This is another type of COPD that involves inflammation and narrowing of the airways.
- Refractory asthma – This is a severe form of asthma that does not respond well to treatment.
- Bronchiectasis – This is a condition in which the airways in your lungs become damaged and scarred.
Even if you have been diagnosed with a specific type of COPD, it’s possible to have symptoms or characteristics of other types as well. Our expert specialists can conduct a thorough review of your case and provide personalized recommendations tailored to your specific needs.
Fast and Efficient Expert Recommendations
No more stress and no more hassle—just an expert review of your case with an industry-leading turnaround time so you can move forward with treatment right away.
- You are personally matched to the Cleveland Clinic expert best suited to review your particular case.
- The Clinic team does the behind-the-scenes work, collecting medical records, lab samples, imaging, and more.
- The Cleveland Clinic expert specialist conducts a thorough review of your diagnosis and/or treatment plan.
- You’ll receive a detailed report quickly and efficiently. Most patients receive their second opinion in one to four days after all records are in hand. The end-to-end turnaround time averages under 2 weeks.
It’s fast, convenient, and secure.
When Should You Consider a Virtual Second Opinion from The Clinic for COPD?
Our virtual second opinions are for those who:
- Have recently received a diagnosis of COPD or have been living with the condition for some time
- Want additional reassurance or guidance on next steps for their health
- Have received conflicting opinions from different doctors
- Are considering a change in treatment or are unsure about their current treatment plan for COPD
Of those who receive a second opinion from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, 92% state that they will implement their recommendations. The peace of mind that comes from knowing you’ve made the best decision for your health is priceless.
An Expert Review of Your COPD Diagnosis and Treatment Plan from the Comfort of Home
Getting started is as simple as registering online. You can schedule your intake visit for a later time and we’ll get started with gathering the information we need.