Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about our virtual healthcare solutions.
A second opinion can help you make an informed, confident decision about your medical care. Sometimes, you may find out about treatment options you didn’t know were available. And in some cases, the information you gain during a second opinion consultation can even change your diagnosis.
Now it’s easier than ever to get the answers you need and peace of mind you deserve. The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic connects you to an expert physician who specializes in your specific health needs. You receive a secure, private online consultation without leaving home.
You may choose to consider a second opinion if you:
- Have a condition that isn’t improving or is getting worse despite treatment.
- Have been diagnosed with a serious or rare health condition.
- Have been told a health condition is not treatable.
- Are considering a treatment that involves significant risks, such as surgery.
- Need guidance choosing from multiple treatment options.
- Want confirmation about a diagnosis or treatment.
If your employer offers this service as part of your benefits package, the service will be of no cost to you. If you have questions about your benefits, reach out to your employer or call us for help.
The all-inclusive cost for a virtual second opinion for patients in the U.S. is $1,850. This fee includes:
- Consultation with your nurse care manager.
- Medical record collection from doctors and hospitals.
- Reinterpretation of imaging scans and lab tests.
- Expert review of your case by a Cleveland Clinic specialist.
- Video consultation and written report from your expert.
- Courtesy offer to ask follow-up questions within 14 days of delivery of your second opinion.
Insurance doesn’t typically cover second opinions. However, you may be able to pay for a virtual second opinion with your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA). If you’re not sure if you have an FSA or HSA, talk to your employer or insurance provider.
Absolutely. Cleveland Clinic welcomes international patients and is happy to provide you with an expert second opinion. The all-inclusive cost for a virtual second opinion for patients outside the U.S. is $2500 (USD).
International patients upload their medical records in English through our secure online platform. A nurse care manager reviews your case and matches you to the most appropriate Cleveland Clinic specialist. Your expert reviews all aspects of your diagnosis and treatment plan and provides an in-depth written report in English. International patients can register for an online account to get started.