Cardiac Case Reviews from the #1 Hospital in Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
We offer virtual second opinions on cardiac conditions from Cleveland Clinic’s world-renowned expert specialists
Peace of Mind for Cardiac Conditions
When it comes to your heart, you want the best care possible. The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic offers world-class cardiac second opinions from top cardiovascular specialists. Direct access to Cleveland Clinic’s expertise can help you move forward with confidence. Whether you’ve recently been diagnosed with a cardiac condition or want to explore new treatment options, our specialists can provide you with the answers and guidance you need.
Cleveland Clinic: World-Class Expertise
Cleveland Clinic’s The Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute is one of the largest cardiovascular practices in the United States. This means that no complex condition is beyond our expertise—our specialists have seen it all. Cleveland Clinic is nationally and internationally renowned for the world’s best cardiovascular care. Our heart program is rated first in the nation and has received the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure GOLD Plus Certification for 12 years in a row.
Can The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic Provide Second Opinions on All Types of Cardiac Conditions?
Yes. The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic provides access to cardiovascular specialists who are experts in all types of cardiac conditions, from the common to the complex.
The conditions we can offer second opinions on include, but are not limited to:
- Atrial fibrillation (Afib) – Irregular electrical impulses in your atrium
- Arrhythmia – A heartbeat that is too fast, too slow, or beats with an irregular rhythm
- Congestive heart failure – When your heart is too stiff or too weak to pump blood properly throughout your body
- Coronary artery disease – Plaque buildup that leads to narrow coronary arteries
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction) – A sudden coronary artery blockage that cuts off oxygen to part of your heart muscle
- Pericarditis – Inflammation in your heart’s lining (pericardium)
- Heart valve disease – Problems with heart valves that can include reduced or blocked blood flow
- Aortic aneurysms – A bulge in the aorta that can cause bleeding inside of the body or blood to leak in between the walls of the artery
You can feel confident knowing that your specialist has seen cases like yours before and that your second opinion will be coming from years of experience.
Fast and Efficient Expert Recommendations
No more stress and no more hassle—just an expert review of your case with an industry-leading turnaround time so you can move forward with treatment right away.
- You are personally matched to the Cleveland Clinic expert best suited to review your particular case.
- The Clinic team does the behind-the-scenes work, collecting medical records, lab samples, imaging, and more.
- The Cleveland Clinic expert specialist conducts a thorough review of your diagnosis and/or treatment plan.
- You’ll receive a detailed report quickly and efficiently. Most patients receive their second opinion in one to four days after all records are in hand. The end-to-end turnaround time averages under 2 weeks.
It’s fast, convenient, and secure.
When Should You Consider a Virtual Second Opinion from The Clinic for a Cardiac Condition?
Our virtual second opinions are for those who are:
- Diagnosed with a severe condition such as heart failure
- About to make a major decision about a medical next step like surgery
- Considering a treatment that involves risk or has significant consequences
- Dealing with a condition or chronic illness that isn’t improving or is getting worse, like coronary artery disease
- Confused about or struggling with a medical challenge
92% of those who receive a second opinion from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic state that they will implement the recommendations from their specialist. Discover the peace of mind that comes with direct access to a top specialist.
Get Started with a Cardiac Second Opinion from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic
Getting started is as simple as registering online. You can schedule your intake visit for a later time and we’ll get started with gathering the information we need.