Second Opinions on Musculoskeletal Conditions from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic
We offer virtual second opinions on musculoskeletal conditions from Cleveland Clinic’s world-renowned expert specialists.
Peace of Mind for Musculoskeletal Conditions
The musculoskeletal system includes the bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and soft tissues. It provides the framework that supports the body and allows movement. When something goes wrong with any part of this system, it can cause pain and limit mobility.
If you’ve been diagnosed with a musculoskeletal condition, you may be feeling overwhelmed. You may have questions about your diagnosis, treatment options, and next steps. Or if you’ve been participating in treatment but haven’t seen the results you were hoping for, you may be wondering if there’s anything else that can be done.
Direct access to world-renowned specialists from Cleveland Clinic can help give you the answers and peace of mind you need.
Cleveland Clinic: World-Class Expertise
Our nationally ranked orthopaedic program performs more than 8,000 hip and knee replacement surgeries annually, and our outcomes are consistently above national averages. Across our more than 200 locations, we see over six million patients annually, which means that no matter what condition you’re facing, we have the experience to help.
Can The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic Provide Second Opinions on All Types of Musculoskeletal Conditions?
The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic can provide second opinions on any kind of musculoskeletal condition. These include:
- Arthritis – Arthritis is a general term for conditions that affect the joints and surrounding tissues. The most common type of arthritis is osteoarthritis, which is caused by the breakdown of cartilage.
- Osteoporosis – Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to become thin and brittle. It’s often called the “silent disease” because there may be no symptoms until a bone is broken.
- Herniated discs – A herniated disc occurs when the gel-like center of a spinal disc ruptures through a crack in the tougher outer layer. This can happen due to aging, injury, or repetitive motions.
- Spinal stenosis – Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal, which can put pressure on the spinal cord and nerves. It’s often caused by osteoarthritis.
- Total hip/knee replacements – If you’re considering a total hip or knee replacement, our specialists can provide a second opinion on treatment recommendations.
- Spine surgery – If spine surgery has been recommended to treat spinal stenosis, sciatica, disc degeneration, or other spinal issues, your specialist can take a second look.
- Upper extremity conditions and surgery – Conditions involving the shoulder, elbow, hand, or wrist can require surgery to relieve pain and restore functioning, such as rotator cuff repair.
The recommendations from your expertly matched specialist will be tailored to your specific condition, situation, and goals.
Fast and Efficient Expert Recommendations
No more stress and no more hassle—just an expert review of your case with an industry-leading turnaround time so you can move forward with treatment right away.
- You are personally matched to the Cleveland Clinic expert best suited to review your particular case.
- The Clinic team does the behind-the-scenes work, collecting medical records, lab samples, imaging, and more.
- The Cleveland Clinic expert specialist conducts a thorough review of your diagnosis and/or treatment plan.
- You’ll receive a detailed report quickly and efficiently. Most patients receive their second opinion in one to four days after all records are in hand. The end-to-end turnaround time averages under 2 weeks.
It’s fast, convenient, and secure.
When Should You Consider a Virtual Second Opinion from The Clinic for a Musculoskeletal Condition?
Our virtual second opinions are for those who are:
- Diagnosed with a serious or painful condition such as osteoarthritis
- About to make a major decision about a medical next step like impending spine surgery
- Considering a treatment that involves risk or has significant consequences
- Dealing with a condition or chronic illness that isn’t improving or is getting worse, like back pain
- Confused about or struggling with a medical challenge
Of those who receive a second opinion from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, 92% state that they will implement their recommendations. The peace of mind that comes from knowing you’ve made the best decision for your health is priceless.
An Expert Review of Your Diagnosis and Treatment Plan from the Comfort of Home
Getting started is as simple as registering online. You can schedule your intake visit for a later time and we’ll get started with gathering the information we need.