Skin Cancer Second Opinions from the #2 Hospital in the World
If you’ve been diagnosed with skin cancer, seeking a second opinion can provide peace of mind and guidance as you navigate your treatment options. At The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, our expertly matched specialists can review your case and offer personalized recommendations tailored to your specific needs.
Peace of Mind for Skin Cancer Patients
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer, affecting millions of people each year. If you’ve received a skin cancer diagnosis, seeking a second opinion can provide reassurance and guidance as you consider your treatment options. At The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, our expert specialists have experience treating all types and stages of skin cancer and can offer personalized recommendations.
World-Class Expertise in Skin Cancer Care
Cleveland Clinic’s dermatology and plastic surgery program is one of the largest such practices in the nation and is regarded as a leader in patient care and clinical research. We can provide second opinions for all types and stages of skin cancer, and our team of specialists can help you navigate your treatment options to achieve the best possible outcome.
Can The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic Provide Second Opinions on Skin Cancer?
Yes—if you’ve been diagnosed with skin cancer, our team of expert specialists can provide a thorough review of your case and offer personalized recommendations for treatment options. We have experience treating all types and stages of skin cancer, including:
- Basal cell carcinoma – This is the most common form of skin cancer, and it develops in the basal cells that line the bottom of the epidermis.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – This is the second most common form and develops in the squamous cells that make up much of your skin’s upper layers.
- Melanoma – This is the most dangerous form of skin cancer and develops from melanocytes, the cells that produce pigment in your skin.
Other, less common types of skin cancer include Merkel cell carcinoma, lymphoma of the skin, and Kaposi sarcoma. No matter what type or stage of skin cancer you have been diagnosed with, our expert specialists can provide personalized recommendations tailored to your specific needs.
Fast and Efficient Expert Recommendations
No more stress and no more hassle—just an expert review of your case with an industry-leading turnaround time so you can move forward with treatment right away.
- You are personally matched to the Cleveland Clinic expert best suited to review your particular case.
- The Clinic team does the behind-the-scenes work, collecting medical records, lab samples, imaging, and more.
- The Cleveland Clinic expert specialist conducts a thorough review of your diagnosis and/or treatment plan.
- You’ll receive a detailed report quickly and efficiently. Most patients receive their second opinion in one to four days after all records are in hand. The end-to-end turnaround time averages under 2 weeks.
It’s fast, convenient, and secure.
When Should You Consider a Virtual Second Opinion from The Clinic for Skin Cancer?
Our virtual second opinions are for those who:
- Have recently received a diagnosis of skin cancer
- Want additional reassurance or guidance on next steps for their health
- Have received conflicting opinions from different doctors
- Are considering a change in treatment or are unsure about their current treatment plan for skin cancer
Of those who receive a second opinion from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, 92% state that they will implement their recommendations. The peace of mind that comes from knowing you’ve made the best decision for your health is priceless.
An Expert Review of Your Skin Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Plan from the Comfort of Home
Getting started is as simple as registering online. You can schedule your intake visit for a later time and we’ll get started with gathering the information we need.