Second Opinions on Mesothelioma from the #2 Hospital in the World
We offer virtual second opinions on mesothelioma from our world-renowned expert specialists.
Peace of Mind for Mesothelioma Patients
If you’ve been diagnosed with mesothelioma, seeking a second opinion can provide reassurance and guidance as you navigate your treatment options. At The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, our team of expertly matched mesothelioma specialists can review your case and offer personalized recommendations tailored to your specific needs.
Cleveland Clinic: World-Class Expertise in Mesothelioma Care
Mesothelioma is a rare type of cancer that affects the lining of the lungs, abdomen, or heart. At the Cleveland Clinic, our expert specialists have experience treating this complex disease and providing second opinions to patients seeking additional guidance on their diagnosis and treatment plan. We’ve helped countless mesothelioma patients achieve better outcomes and improved quality of life through our personalized care approach, and that expertise is now available to you through our virtual second opinion program.
Can The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic Provide Second Opinions on Mesothelioma?
Yes—if you’ve been diagnosed with mesothelioma, our team of expert specialists can provide a thorough review of your case and offer personalized recommendations for treatment options. We have experience treating all types and stages of mesothelioma, including:
- Pleural mesothelioma – This is the most common type of mesothelioma that affects the lining of the lungs.
- Peritoneal mesothelioma – This type affects the lining of the abdomen and represents about 10% to 20% of all diagnosed cases.
- Pericardial mesothelioma – This is a rare form that develops in the tissue surrounding the heart and accounts for less than 1% of all cases.
- Testicular mesothelioma – This is the rarest type of mesothelioma, accounting for less than 1% of all cases. It affects the testicles and typically has a better prognosis than other types.
No matter what type or stage of mesothelioma you have been diagnosed with, our expert specialists can provide personalized recommendations tailored to your specific needs.
Fast and Efficient Expert Recommendations
No more stress and no more hassle—just an expert review of your case with an industry-leading turnaround time so you can move forward with treatment right away.
- You are personally matched to the Cleveland Clinic expert best suited to review your particular case.
- The Clinic team does the behind-the-scenes work, collecting medical records, lab samples, imaging, and more.
- The Cleveland Clinic expert specialist conducts a thorough review of your diagnosis and/or treatment plan.
- You’ll receive a detailed report quickly and efficiently. Most patients receive their second opinion in one to four days after all records are in hand. The end-to-end turnaround time averages under 2 weeks.
It’s fast, convenient, and secure.
When Should You Consider a Virtual Second Opinion from The Clinic for Mesothelioma?
Our virtual second opinions are for those who:
- Have recently received a diagnosis of mesothelioma
- Want additional reassurance or guidance on next steps for their health
- Have received conflicting opinions from different doctors
- Are considering a change in treatment or are unsure about their current treatment plan for mesothelioma
Of those who receive a second opinion from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, 92% state that they will implement their recommendations. The peace of mind that comes from knowing you’ve made the best decision for your health is priceless.
An Expert Review of Your Mesothelioma Diagnosis and Treatment Plan from the Comfort of Home
Getting started with a second opinion from a mesothelioma specialist is as simple as registering online. You can schedule your intake visit for a later time and we’ll get started with gathering the information we need.