Helping your employees stay healthy isn’t just good for business, it’s the right thing to do. But with the rising cost of healthcare and the complex nature of medical decisions, it can be difficult to know how to best support your employees.
One way you can help is by offering access to expert second opinions. Second opinions are when a patient talks to a secondary specialist other than their primary care provider or local specialist about their diagnosis or treatment plan. This can be incredibly helpful for employees who are facing a complex medical decision or who want to explore all their options.
Offering second opinions as part of your employee benefits package can show that you care about your employees’ well-being and want to help them make the best decisions for their health. It can also help reduce the overall cost of healthcare for your company by ensuring that employees are getting the most effective treatment possible.
Helping Employees with Medical Decisions Through Expert Second Opinions
Today, six in ten Americans have a chronic disease. Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other chronic conditions are the leading drivers of the nation’s $4.1 trillion in health care costs. However, misdiagnoses and the associated costs can be reduced by offering virtual second opinions to your employees as part of their benefits package. When employees have access to an expert medical opinion, they can be more certain that they are making the best decision for their health.
If you’re interested in offering expert second opinions to your employees, The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s Virtual Second Opinions program can help.
The Clinic operates as a true partner with employers. Our virtual care solutions seamlessly integrate with existing benefits offerings, making it easy for employers to provide access to the world-renowned medical expertise of Cleveland Clinic. Both employers and employees can benefit from increased satisfaction, better quality of care, and improved outcomes.
You don’t need to know everything about your employee’ medical circumstances, but you can provide them with the resources they need to make the best decision for their health. The Clinic’s Virtual Second Opinion program can help you do just that.
Benefits of Providing Expert Second Opinions to Your Employees
There are many benefits of providing expert second opinions to your employees, including:
- Expanded access to care – Employees can receive a second opinion from the comfort of their own home without having to take time off work or travel to see a specialist.
- Expert advice from Cleveland Clinic specialists – Cleveland Clinic’s world-renowned specialists are at the forefront of medical innovation.
- Reduced medical costs – Accurate diagnoses and treatment plans can help reduce the overall cost of healthcare for your company.
- Integration with existing benefits – Our virtual care solutions seamlessly integrate with existing benefits offerings, making it easy for employers to implement.
- Reports on utilization and impact – These insights can help you create competitive benefits packages.
- Support in employee retention efforts – When employees are able to get the care they need, they’re more likely to stay with your company.
Savings, convenience, and expert medical advice are just a few of the benefits of offering virtual second opinions to your employees.
Interested in Offering Expert Second Opinions to Your Employees?
The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s virtual Expert Second Opinions program is the perfect solution for employers who want to offer their employees a valuable virtual health solution. If you’re ready to get started, contact us today.