You can’t put a price on peace of mind. If you’ve been diagnosed with a serious illness or condition, you want to be sure you’re getting the best possible care. Navigating the healthcare system can be daunting, and it’s natural to second-guess yourself. One way to get peace of mind is to seek a second opinion from another doctor. But what if you don’t live near a top-rated medical center? Or what if you’re already receiving treatment and can’t take the time to travel?
Online second opinions provide a convenient and cost-effective way to get a second opinion from a world-renowned doctor. With no travel costs or time away from work, you can receive an expert medical opinion from a specialist who has extensive experience with your condition. You’ll be able to move forward with treatment with confidence.
Learn more about paying for second opinions from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic today.
Paying for a Virtual Second Opinion
First, it’s important to note the potential savings associated with getting a virtual second opinion. When you factor in travel costs, time away from work, and childcare expenses, the cost of an in-person second opinion can quickly add up. And that pales in comparison to time spent on treatment and recovery if your initial diagnosis was incorrect.
The right diagnosis and the right treatment plan will lead to better outcomes and can save you time, money, and unnecessary stress. A virtual second opinion is an investment in your health that will always be worth it.
Your Payment Options for Virtual Second Opinions
If your employer offers virtual second opinions as part of your benefits package, they will likely cover the cost of the consultation. Check with your human resources department to see if this is an option for you.
However, if you’re paying for your own virtual second opinion, there are a few different payment options to choose from. If you have a Flexible Spending Account or a Health Savings Account, you may be able to use those funds to pay for the consultation. These savings accounts allow you to set aside pre-tax dollars to be used for medical expenses.
If you don’t have a Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account, private pay is an option. No matter how you choose to pay, our team will work with you to make the process as simple and seamless as possible.
Invest in Your Health with an Online Second Opinion
Online second opinions from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic include:
- An initial consultation with your nurse care manager – We’ll review your medical history, medications, and test results.
- Medical record collection from doctors and hospitals – We’ll do the work of gathering your records from all relevant parties.
- Lab and imaging review – Our team will review your test results and images to get a second opinion.
- Expert review of your case by a Cleveland Clinic specialist – One of our world-renowned specialists will review your case and provide an expert opinion.
- Video consultation and written report from your expert – You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and get clarification on your diagnosis and treatment plan. You’ll also receive a written report with recommendations for the next steps.
- Courtesy offer to ask follow-up questions within 14 days of delivery of your second opinion – You’re welcome to reach out with additional questions.
Contact The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic Today
Get started today with a virtual second opinion from The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic. Paying for an online second opinion is a small price to pay for the peace of mind and expert guidance that our specialists can provide.
Learn more about our virtual second opinions or contact us today to get started.