Healthcare costs in the U.S. continue to rise, and the associated costs of incorrect diagnoses or unnecessary tests and procedures can be a significant financial burden on patients and health plans. Chronic conditions alone are a major driver of these costs, with $4.1 trillion each year spent on treating them.
The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s Expert Second Opinions program offers virtual access for members to draw on the expertise of 3,500 Cleveland Clinic physicians in over 550 advanced subspecialties. The program is a great option for health plans who want to provide their members with access to high-quality medical expertise. By partnering with The Clinic, health plans can offer their members the opportunity to get a second opinion from a world-renowned healthcare provider. This partnership provides members with peace of mind knowing that they are on the right path for their health while also saving on health-related costs.
What to Expect from a Partnership with The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic
For health plans, partnering with The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic can help mitigate the surprising prevalence and costs of misdiagnosis. In fact, 72% of educational second opinions uncover potential diagnosis changes or treatment plan modifications. And The Clinic functions as a true partner with health plans—working to drive awareness and increase utilization among members.
What Your Members Can Expect
A partnership with The Clinic provides a faster, easier pathway to peace of mind for your members. Since we do the behind-the-scenes work of gathering and reviewing all relevant medical records, members can simply submit their information online. Through a live video consultation and written recommendations about two weeks later, they’ll get the answers they need—without having to travel or take time off from work.
How does the process work?
- First, the member registers online. They can connect from virtually anywhere using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Once registered, the member initiates an on-demand virtual visit with a nurse care manager or schedules one for a convenient time. During this visit, they will be asked questions regarding their case and will be informed about what they can expect from the process.
- Often, members aren’t sure where to get started in gathering together records and documentation. That’s why The Clinic’s process involves locating and collecting all of these records for them—to take one more burden off of their shoulders. They’ll sign a consent form virtually so we can begin gathering records on their behalf.
- The Clinic’s nurse care manager identifies the best expert physician for the member’s needs to ensure the highest-quality review of their diagnosis and/or treatment plan. Every member is matched with the best possible specialist for their case, taking into account medical specialty, expertise, and language preferences.
- The member’s expert physician can provide an in-depth review of their medical records, diagnosis, and current treatment plan.
- Finally, the expert physician delivers an educational second opinion via live video or phone consultation, as well as a written report that the member can review on their own or share with their local care team. Members also have the opportunity to ask questions and get clarification on their case, which can clarify next steps and provide peace of mind.
The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s Second Opinions Program: Give Your Members Access to the Best
Expanding access to high-quality medical expertise is a top priority for health plans. And with The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s Expert Second Opinions program, it’s easier than ever to provide your members with the high-quality benefits they deserve.
Reduced costs, improved outcomes, and increased satisfaction are just a few of the benefits of partnering with The Clinic. And with our easy-to-use online platform, your members will appreciate the convenience and peace of mind that comes with getting a second opinion from a world-renowned healthcare provider.
If you’re looking for a way to provide your members with access to the best possible healthcare, a partnership with The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic is the answer. Contact us today to get started.